Sunday, December 12, 2010

Details in Position/Placement

Wherever we are, for whatever reason, God cares about everything our lives...
Today I was reminded that He cares about even where I sit!

Q: Why did I choose an aisle seat in the middle vs. my regular left center position?
A: To reconnect with a brother in the faith, from Virginia, from five years ago!

HOW?? "I saw you worshipping and I was like, I know her!"

HMM... Well, this is not the first time. One of my favorite "spottings" was when I was once IDed in a line to a restaurant in SF from someone from Pasadena and IDed as "you're the girl who worships... from Warehouse right?" It was my first night in SF, and this guy was in town visiting with his brother from Oregon for one night, and it was from three years ago -- AND I didn't even know this guy, never talked to him before! But apparently he knew of & remembered me.

The odds... really?!
(but that's a whole separate issue -- the statistical odds of the "coincidences" in my life)

It just makes me laugh =)
#1. How small the world is
#2. You never know who you'll run across again, at a different season, for a different reason
and #3. It reminds me that people are watching.

There was a lot I got from the sermon, but one of the last things the pastor mentioned in passing was how God cares about the smallest details of our lives.

"There is nothing insignificant about your life... He cares about ALL the details."


I know this.
I've personally experienced God answering prayers that only He could have know about.

I smile, knowingly. Then I start recounting all the times that He's answered me, or blessed me, or worked things out that only He could... "NO ONE can get the credit for what God does."


Q: What do you do when this happens?



Father, thank you for reminding me that even the smallest details of my life are of importance to you, and that you have a plan to use me in multiple capacities - for myself and for others - every single moment of every single day of my life. *deep breath* I release, again, the plan and concerns and worries of my life to you. You've already worked them out anyway, and I have full confidence that your way is better than my own. Please let me continue to grow in my reliance on you and my complete trust that you have my ABSOLUTE BEST in mind -- even when I can't see how it'll work out or when it's something that doesn't quite look like the way others lives are. You made me unique, and desire to be all that you created me to be and nothing less. Continue to go before me HS and orchestrate the details of my life, and lead/guide me every step of the way, so that I will bring MAX GLORY to My Father with all of my life. Amen.

No comments: